Sunday, October 18, 2009

Long Time No Post!

Hello! I have been "offline" for a while but am happy to finally report in with the latest...

I went back east last month for my post-op check-ups and all in all I got good news. Had a little surprise in that I needed unexpected surgery to take the plate out of my hip, but now I am hardware free...I knew the plate would have to come out at some point, but just wasn't expecting it at this visit. Spent a couple extra days at grandpa's though and got to watch lots of Elmo...yippee!!

Now I am home and am looking forward to the holidays. I am still in physical therapy and am now also in speech therapy. Since I wasn't able to move around for most of my life I had everything given to me. As a result, I never had to "ask" for anything so now I am getting some help so that I can communicate with everyone (since apparently I will not be given everything anymore without asking...oh well, it was good while it lasted). Anyway, I am making improvements every day and Mom and Dad are very proud of me :)

Here is a (semi) recent picture...I am a champion block stacker :) More pics coming (as soon as my Mom gets her act in gear and can load them).












No comments:

Post a Comment